python - How do I include non-.py files in PyPI? -


i newb pypi...so let me qualify that. trying put package on pypi having bit of trouble when try install pip. when upload file pypi, warning (but setup.py script finishes not fatal errors , 200 status):

'my_package/static/my_folder' not regular file -- skipping 

and when go install in pip, error:

"error: can't copy 'my_package/static/my_folder': doesn't exist or not regular file.  

from other answers on so, i've tried changing manifest.in , setup.py files, no luck. here current manifest.in:

recursive-include my_package *.css *.js *.jinja2 

and setup.py:

try:     setuptools import setup, find_packages except importerror:     distutils.core import setup, find_packages  setup(     name='my_package',     packages=find_packages(),     include_package_data=true,     platforms='any',     version='1.0',     description='my_description',     license='mit',     author='me',     author_email='me@example.com',     install_requires=[         'flask',         'jinja2',         'requests',     ],     url='http://www.example.com',     download_url='https://github.com/me/my_package/tarball/1.0',     classifiers=[         'license :: osi approved :: mit license',     ], ) 

edit: i've tried leaving out manifest.in file see if messing same result.

(reposted comment on request.)

your setup script , manifest.in should work. prove minimal example:

my_project/     my_package/         static/             a.css         __init__.py     manifest.in     setup.py 

run python setup.py sdist , you'll find both static/a.css , __init__.py bundled in tar.gz package.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

java - Intellij Synchronizing output directories .. -

git - Initial Commit: "fatal: could not create leading directories of ..." -